Saturday, September 27, 2008

Field Trip - Mary Kay Production Plant


I LOVED field trips as a kid, but we would only go on a couple every year in school (if we were lucky). My kids are no different and get excited at the opportunity to go visit a new place and see how things work. Last week we went to the Mary Kay production plant here in Dallas. My 3 yob loved seeing all of the machines on the assembly line and my 6 yog loved seeing the massive amount of makeup products.

Here are some other field trip ideas:

Waste Water Treatment Plant
Local Farm
Candy Factory
Bee Farm
Cow Herding (especially if you live in the DFW area!)
Museums
Newsroom (TV or Newspaper)
Recycling Plant
Radio Station
Local Pizza Restaurant

Ask around your local homeschool group to see where the different dads work. Are there any that work in a plant that you could tour? I still remember getting to tour DuPont in 4th grade on "Take Your Daughter To Work Day" and seeing how plastic is made.

Feel free to comment with any other field trip ideas!

1 comment:

The Pastor said...

We were driving back to FTW from Austin last week and stoppped in Waco for gas. I saw a billboard for the Mars company making candy bars there. After searching and searching, I final found that they do not do tours in the plant. :o( We can do the DrPepper factory there though. That is a bright light.
I never thougth about the MaryKay plant. maybe need to take my 12yrold makeup crazy daughter there.